Have a great Tuesday!
Tuesday, January 31, 2012
Hello friends! I wanted to share with you that I added quite a few new things to my etsy shop over the weekend! If you aren't a fan of buying vintage clothes how about books, housewares & purses?!! Of course all items are priced to sell fast!
When it was time to go grocery shopping last week I went right to my food board on pinterest and picked out 5 recipes to create. The first one I decided to try was the slow cooker sweet potato chili. The recipe comes from the blog can you stay for dinner. You can find the entire recipe along with ingredient's on her blog.
The picture that won my taste buds over:
The picture that won my taste buds over:
My before & after pictures:
Here's what I changed up instead of purchasing all of those spices I purchased a chili packet that I have used before for my traditional chili. Its $1.99 which saved a lot of $. I used 1/2 of an medium onion and 1/2 a clove of garlic. Only because the crock pot was full. I would suggest adding more brown sugar for a sweeter taste. The directions say on low in the crock pot for 10 hours. Thats way too much time so I did 2 hours on high and then 2 hours on low, stirring often. It turned out great! I added shredded cheese on top with bread & butter and it was perfect! Have you created a pinterest recipe lately?
Monday, January 30, 2012
Would you like to sponsor free to be stacia lee in February?
A few options
-host a giveaway
- product reviews
- your blogs button on my side bar
-your shops button on my side bar
-we can cross advertise
or you may have a few unique ideas of your own!
All sponsors will be featured in a monthly sponsor spotlight post
I have great rates and my daily page views increase daily.
Just a little update for you on our bridesmaid's meeting this month. We completed the 2 crafts and had a good time!
Robe Fabric Banner. I'm thinking about selling smaller versions of these on my etsy shop. What do you think?
We spray painted all of our saved glass jars, bottles & such and spray painted them grey, ivory & pink.
I wish I could DIY all day long. Its too much fun!
In other news my work is having a spirit week this week. I picked the themes and I will be posting my favorite photos from the week in lieu of my traditional outfit posts.
Monday: PJ Day, Tuesday: 80's, Wednesday: Corner Dental Apparel, Thursday: Dress like a nerd day & Friday: favorite team day.
My personal favs are PJ day & nerd day. I'm also going to be posting about a few of my recipes that I found on pinterest and actually made!
Have a happy Monday!
Friday, January 27, 2012
Happy Friday ladies!
Enjoy these great links this weekend...
- suze wears clothes brings us words of inspiration each and every Sunday. I love this week's installment, especially this colorful quote on joy! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- gs lillian found these adorable "spike" necklaces at Target... pop on by her blog to see what other fun pieces she found - including a few that are perfect for Valentine's Day! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- my soul is the sky is back with another great hair tutorial - this one, the 'bohemian side braids' look great on her and have inspired me to try a similar style! (find my soul is the sky on twitter!)
- what the frock recreates an outfit featuring a neon skirt, a cozy sweater and an unusual hem-line. Sound like fun? It is! (find what the frock on twitter!)
- live a lot goes for the all black outfit. Do you ever fall back on this simple outfit formula? It happens to be one of my favorites! Check out her look!
- rachael really looks stunning in stripes and faux fur. Then she adds red wellies and a pearl necklace for the win! (find rachael really on twitter!)
- free to be stacia lee is hosting a giveaway for a gorgeous amethyst necklace. Stop by her blog to enter! (find free to be stacia lee on twitter!)
- here & now sports the perfect weekend outfit and looks fabulous doing it! Especially since she had just run a 5K that day! You go girl!
- fabulously average is rocking what she calls "the new neutrals" - and I couldn't agree with her more, they totally are! What are the "new neutrals"? You'll have to stop by her blog to find out! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- behind the dressing room door has the perfect accessory for cold winter days - a bold and colorful scarf! See how she styled it! (find behind the dressing room door on twitter!)
- the capital barbie tracks down some absolute darling bowed-tops. I love how feminine and flirty these tops are! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style takes this mint green maxi dress and styles it three ways that are perfect for late winter into spring! It's so versatile! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- a fashion fixation introduces us to a new online shop called Vestique - have you heard of it? I love their bold and colorful selection, like this blazer! (find a fashion fixation on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls are showing off their gorgeous taupe finds from Target! Taupe never looked so good ladies! (find the tiemann girls on twitter!)
- stay in the lines makes homemade oreo cookies. I think I know how I'll be spending a cold, winter Saturday in my near future - baking and eating these! (find stay in the lines on twitter!)
the IT list is produced weekly by Jill of good life - for information on how you can be involved, click here!
Wednesday, January 25, 2012
Today is my Mamas 50th birthday. Looking at her you would think shes 30 which is a win win for me. People often think that the two of us & lady lee are sisters. Not so my friends shes our Mom.
Happy Birthday to my beautiful, smart & loving Mama! You truly are a blessing from God.
I hope your 50th year is your best yet. I also hope that when I'm 50 I look half as good as you.
|me, mom, lady lee & drew jones.|
Tuesday, January 24, 2012
Hello friends! I received an email today from Ruche informing me pastels aren't just for spring. Which thankfully I already knew because Jill of good life posted about the new trend earlier this month. Which you can read here! Time to break out my spring clothes that are packed away & see what I can put together. What outfit is your favorite?
I wore a pretty similar outfit last month but this time swapped the flats and skinny jeans for heels & wide legs. Toledo was hit with 4 inches of snow on Friday night and it was very cold over the weekend. Yesterday we hit a high of 45. Gotta love that Ohio weather.
Sweatshirt: TJ Maxx, Jeans: Gap, Shoes: Target, Necklace: ladyleeanddrewjones
Don't forget to enter the Poor Sparrow giveaway and if you are blogger Viktoria and I would love for you to join our Vday Blogger Swap! Have a happy Tuesday!
Monday, January 23, 2012
I'm so excited to announce this giveaway from Poor Sparrow!
You have a chance to win this gorgeous amethyst necklace! Here are the details on the necklace: a stunning chunk of light purple amethyst that has been dipped in silver swings from 28 and 1/2 inches of gunmetal link chain and is secured with a gunmetal lobster clasp.
For your chance to win "like" poor sparrow on facebook and comment below that you did so with your email!
Contest ends January 31st at midnight EST. Winner will be announced on February 1st!
Sunday, January 22, 2012
Hello lovely friends! I'm posting today about a very special Valentines day blogger swap!!! You may have seen my post here about my secret Santa swap that Viktoria & Mary hosted. Viktoria and I are hosting a Valentines Day Swap for all you sweet bloggers!
To enter leave a comment on this post with your name & email.
Sign up ends January 28th.
The gift limit is 10 dollars.
If you sign up you must participate so its fair & everyone gets a gift.
The gifts must be mailed no later than February 8th.
You must write a post no later than March about the items you received from your secret cupid.
If you have any questions please email me email@example.com with the subject line love swap.
Saturday, January 21, 2012
Hi friends! I'm having a great Valentines Day sale over at my etsy shop! Use code "happy" for 30% off your purchase! Why? Because you deserve something you really want for Valentines Day. A few of my favorite things in the shop:
Friday, January 20, 2012
Take some time to warm up this weekend and check out these awesome links!
- gs lillian says "yes" to the sweater skirt. She seriously rocks this look and has me wanting a sweater skirt for myself! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- rachael, really makes "four eyes" look impossibly chic. Go check out her new glasses and fabulous red shoes! (find rachael, really on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls are crushing on Essie's new spring nail colors! And because they are loving them so much they are giving some away! Check out their little giveaway.
- suze wears clothes is winter-chic, which is a common theme here today! I love her cozy winter look! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- fabulously average is rocking one of my favorite dresses (which happens to be on super sale right now!) while in Florida. This look is gorgeous on her! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- free to be stacia lee is keeping warm in bright pink! I love bold colors like this for winter, it makes the grey days bearable!
- my soul is the sky found the perfect red lipstick! Find out where she bought it and see how it looks on her (hint: very pretty!). (find my soul is the sky on twitter!)
- the capital barbie is crushing on grape-hues. And how fabulous is this handbag in purple? You will love the price too! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- what the frock has a fun celebrity copycat look featuring Kristen Bell. I love this outfit for Valentines or a fun date night! (find what the frock on twitter!)
- live a lot has another fun winter look - she went without tights, but if it's cooler where you are, just add tights! Check out her look.
- here and now is sporting winter white! I absolutely love this look if you have the guts to pull it off - I'm glad here and now reminded me how fun this is! (find here and now on twitter!)
- behind the dressing room door takes us into the dressing room again for another fun "try on" session. I am loving this unique top that is long in the back and short in the front! Cute! (find behind the dressing room door on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style found these super fun crocheted flats from The Sak that are so bright and fun for spring! Check out more styles on her blog as well. (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- a fashion fixation is rocking one of my favorite trends that was here and then gone and is now back! Boyfriend jeans. Check out how she styles them! (find a fashion fixation on twitter!)
the IT list is produced weekly by jill of good life, for information on how you can be involved - click here!
Wednesday, January 18, 2012
On Saturday I had plans to go to the local comedy club & afterwards to listen to my girlfriend sing at a local restaurant. I wanted to wear something comfy, cute & chic. I pulled out one of my summer skirts and paired it with my favorite cognac boots. I also accessorized with my newest piece of jewelry!
Tank & Skirt: F21, Sweater: Gap Outlet, Tights: JcPenny, Boots: Target, Necklace: c/o Poor Sparrow
Check out this beautiful necklace from Poor Sparrow. Since I'm still waiting on my canon lens the pictures I have you cant see how great this necklace really is. So I have added some photos from her shop below of the necklace. You are going to want to check out her amazing etsy shop because she is hosting a giveaway next week on FTBSL and will be giving away a beautiful necklace!
Great things are happening at FTBSL! Friday the "it list" returns!
Tuesday, January 17, 2012
I'm so excited to announce my sister & brother in law decided to open up a Etsy shop! The shop currently has great prints with beautiful words & super adorable handmade necklaces. I made my first purchase yesterday! Below are a few of my favorites!
This great brown/gray combo will be mine very soon! What a beautiful sister I have!
You can find these & all of the other great items in their shop! Go check it out!
Remember a few weeks ago when I posted about that steal of a skirt from The Limited?!! I picked it up for $9 and I have some photos to share with you! It was really really bright out this day so the photos are black & white.
Skirt: The Limited, Tights: JcPenny, Shoes & Tank: Target, Sweater: NY&C
The tank is black with silver stripes and the black sweater has silver buttons that made a perfect pair with the beautiful blue skirt! Isn't the background beautiful? I was too chicken to actually go walk on the dock with my 4 inch heels but maybe next time! I hope you have a happy Tuesday!
Monday, January 16, 2012
Hello lovely friends! I hope your weekend was fabulous! Mine was filled with fun times with great friends & a little bit of relaxing. I'm over at OhmyVera today guest posting for Alison! Make sure to go check out my favorite Vera things over at her blog today! I wanted to share a picture that didn't make the blog post but was worthy of posting here.
He is so adorable! Ill be back tomorrow with a outfit post!
Its been brrrrr brrrr brrrrrr here. Snow and wind and more snow and I don't want to take my jacket off for outfit photos. This weather makes me want to keep my butt on the couch all weekend long. Thankfully plans I had, so I left the house at least once.
Kept the scarf on.
Got brave and took it off, but kept it close.
At this point a husband and wife were honking and waving at me. :)
& I get to put my coat back on very soon look!
Sweater, Purse & Shoes: Target, Jeans: Old Navy, Scarf: Gap Outlet, Gingham button down: Thrifted
So if you didn't guess it, I'm at Menard's cart corral. Just keeping it real. Have you noticed my photos have been a bit lower quality? I had a awful thing happen to my canon rebel lens. It involved wind and using my tripod. Thankfully my new lens is on its way. Until then the free digital camera given to me at my Holiday work party 3 years ago will do.
Happy Monday friends!
Friday, January 13, 2012
Happy Friday ladies! I hope you have a fabulous weekend, but first...
take some time to check out these amazing blogs!
- suze wears clothes tries something new (to her)... you know that feeling when you take a leap of faith with your wardrobe and it works? Love it! Check out what she wore! (find suze wears clothes on twitter!)
- the tiemann girls offer up some eye candy and a thought on fairy tales... do you still read them? Believe in them? Maybe you should (if you don't)!
- rachael, really says sequins aren't always for the evening... I couldn't agree more. Check out her gorgeous (and cozy!) winter sequined look. (find rachael, really on twitter!)
- gs lillian takes dressing monochromatically to a dramatic (and gorgeous!) new level. Check out her red, red, red look! (find gs lillian on twitter!)
- fabulously average has a sneak peek of Jason Wu's new collaboration line for Target. Check out her favorites - there are some really great pieces here! (find fabulously average on twitter!)
- see me rwar is wearing hot pink pants. Enough said, right? Check out how she styles them! (find see me rwar on twitter!)
- what the frock? gives us a super cute 'celebrity copycat' look from the always stylish Pippa Middleton. Check out how she recreates the look! (find what the frock? on twitter!)
- my soul is the sky never fails with great hair tutorials, I love this 'braided headband' video - I seriously need to try this! (find my souls is the sky on twitter!)
- free to be stacia lee has some fun mixing and matching patterns. Have you ever tried this? I love her mix - stop by and see what it is! (find free to be stacia lee on twitter!)
- live a lot sports a fun winter outfit in the snow - you have to check out her amazing triple twist hair do! Whoa! Gorgeous!
- the capital barbie features chains and ribbons... a little tough and a little lady-like, these jewelry pieces are very hot right now! (find the capital barbie on twitter!)
- sweetie pie style is showing off some shoe eye-candy! I am in LOVE with this navy and gold version of this wedge. So gorgeous! (find sweetie pie style on twitter!)
- behind the dressing room door takes you into the dressing room showing side by side comparisons of the stock photo and the piece of clothing actually tried on. This is a really cool post - I love the lace back dress. Gorgeous! (find behind the dressing room door on twitter!)
- here & now wonders if you've gotten on the denim on denim bandwagon? She resisted for a while... but now she's loving the look. You?
Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Curling Iron Cover: My very first piece of Vera was a Curling Iron Cover. I went to buy my mom a bag and decided that I wanted to get something for myself, so I bought a Curling Iron Cover in Sherbet. I still have the same one! This is a great piece because you can put your hot curling iron or straightener away without having to wait for it to cool off. It comes in really handy while traveling.
Vera: The Vera tote is a great tote and has been a part of the Vera Bradley collection from the start. It has six slip in pockets on the inside as well as two on the outside (one zips) plus a lobster claw hook for your keys. This is great for toting all sorts of things around and always comes in handy. I always take it with me when I go scrapbooking because it will hold two of my 12x12 albums.
Hipster: The Hipster is a great purse and one that Vera Bradley has redesigned a few times. I have a couple of them and think that they are great for when you are going to be out and about and don't want to have to worry about your purse staying on your shoulder. I usually take a Hipster with me when I go on vacation.
Turn Lock Wallet: This wallet is my all time favorite wallet! Some of the wallets Vera Bradley makes are on the small size for me, but this one is perfect. One side has a turn lock...that is the side that holds my ID, credit card, medical card, etc. The other side zips around and that is where I hold my money, receipts, pocket calendar and there are even more card slots for my rewards cards (grocery store, etc). On the back of the zipper side is a small zipper compartment for coins. I have used the same one for years now and I will be sad when I have to replace it with a new color.
Ditty Bag: This bag has so many uses. It is a drawstring bag that is lined on the inside with plastic. Another travel essential! I have used it to pack socks and underwear, as a dirty clothes bag, swimsuits (dry or wet), to hold misc items I don't want floating around my suitcase (I took a bunch of random things to my sister on my last trip and used a Ditty Bag to keep them all together) or you can use it as a lunch bag. That is just the beginning of the list, everyone who has one seems to use it for something different. I have 3 of them and use them all pretty often. Right now I have one in my gym bag holding my shoes! One thing that makes this bag different from the others is that it isn't quilted, so if quilted bags aren't your thing, you still could use one of these!
A better look at my favorites.